Below are the brief instructions with images for the important pages in a blank contract for house and land (ADL Forms). NOTE: It is not intended to be comprehensive nor does it constitute legal advice. You are advised to conduct your own due diligence.
- Please leave contract date blank, do not write the date
- Section 5 (Buyer), Page 1, please insert Full names including middle name, your current postal address, contact details and email address. Please insert your solicitor/conveyancer's details including postal address, contact number, fax and email) if you have appointed one.
- Section 7, Page 2, please insert your purchase price (offer) in the box provided and all parties please initial beside this price.
- Note that for Section 8, 10, 11 we have inserted the standard conditions, if you would like to change any of these conditions please put a single line through the text, insert your desired conditions and please INITIAL beside all hand written changes.
- Section 12, Page 2, please insert either a settlement date or days (please note that 30 days is the most common and preferred settlement period)
Initials only, unless the agent has otherwise directed you to acknowledge anything – Easements, Encumbrances
- Please read the buyers acknowledgement section 25 on page 4.
- Please sign as the buyers on page 4 and get a witness for your signature/s.
- Please initial the bottom right hand corner of ALL pages 1 through to 14
Any errors, please put a single line through it, and initial. Basic rule of thumb – Initial anything hand written.
If in doubt, contact your agent or your solicitor/conveyancer.